Friday, June 18, 2010

Dad's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all Dad's and Grandpa's...

A special tribute to my Dad...he has always been there for me, as well as all of his children and grandchildren. The best "whistler" in the county or for that matter the state! Always cheerful and ready to help anyone in need. When my five siblings and I were growing up, he used to perform"magic" for us (on Saturday nights, after our baths) and he could pull Hershey candy bars our of ears! AMAZING, right? Funny thing is, upon reflection today, it seems to me he always needed to wear a grey sweater before attempting the magic.
And homemade pizza! Another Saturday night tradition. He'd begin in the early afternoon to mix the dough and let it rise. Thin crust with lots of mozzarella cheese and sauce. We always had "just cheese" for our topping-I think that's because he didn't like any other toppings! Lots of wonderful memories growing up with my Dad.
Happy Father's Day! I LOVE YOU!-
I hope you know this, even if I don't say it often enough
We talked with Todd Davis today. He's written a great book "HANDYDAD: 25 awesome projects for Dads and Kids"
Lots of great projects that can be completed in a few hours or a weekend. The book has many photographs, detailed instructions and easy to follow instructions. It's kid tested, mom approved and easy enough for Dad's of all levels of expertise! (Chronicle Books, $24.95)

No comments:

Post a Comment