Besides adding flavor to many recipes garlic has many health advantages.
- Clear up UTI's: Cranberry juice isin't the only natural way to help fight annoying urinary tract infections. A diet rich in garlic can help too, thanks to the bulb's natural anitmicrobial properties.
- Crush Cancer: Mince garlic ahead of time and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before heating and it will retain one third more of the cancer fighting sulfur compounds than if it were cooked immediately.
- Fight Itchy Feet: If you have athlete's foot, reach for garlic. It's a powerful antifungal. Just boil several cloves in hot water; let it cool to a comfortable temperature; pour into a tub and soak your feet. (Boiled and uncrushed garlic won't leave a smell).
- Combat a Cold: At the first sign of sniffles, microwave 2 cloves of garlic, unpeeled for 25 seconds; let cool; then peel off the skin and eat. Garlic's sulfur compounds boost the immune system and help fight infections.
- Let it Bloom: plant garlic next to your rose bushes to naturally repel pests.
My interview today was with Dr. Susanne Cohen, CEO of Triumph-a company that makes "Smart Mouth" a mouthwash that stops bad breath for 12 hours. You can get more information at http://www.smartmouth.com/