- Follow directions exactly.
- Use an accurate candy thermometer.
- Add each ingredient in order listed.
- Do not stir vigorously after it’s reached the soft ball stage,
- Use a heavy, high sided saucepan that holds about twice the volume as your candy recipe.
- Do all prep work and gather all equipment and ingredients before starting.
- Test your candy thermometer before you begin by boiling a pan of water, inserting the thermometer and ensuring that it reads 212°
We are gearing up for our local RELAY FOR LIFE fundraiser event. The dates are next Friday into Saturday (June 25 & 26) and I am part of the "C Card" Team. This year's theme is "Celebrate more Birthdays" and I found a recipe for cupcake lollipops on the American Cancer Society website. Using a regular cake mix, you bake the cake, crumble it and add a can of cream cheese frosting. After rolling into 1 1/2" balls and freezing for 30 minutes, you use a small flower shaped cookie cutter to form each piece into a flower shape. The bottom half gets dipped in milk chocolate, a lollipop stick is inserted and then you dip in white or colored chocolate, decorate and wrap with a plastic sleeve and a ribbon.I did a "test run", brought them to work where they got rave reviews from everyone who tasted them SOOOO.... I'm making 2 batches (should yield about 50-54 per cake mix) to sell at our campsite during the relay AND I am also making a 50-piece bouquet to auction off during our upcoming CHILDREN'S RADIOTHON event that is also happening next week-more on that later...
Today's interview was with Melissa d'Arabian. You can catch her on the daytime series, "$10 Dinners" on the Food Network. She is also a spokesperson for the National Pork Board. She talked to us about grilling for the summer season. Did you know that pork is very versatile, a great value (price-wise) and freezes well? You can get more of her recipes at http://www.theotherwhitemeat.com/ and also find out about a contest that she is promoting. You can send a photo of you/family members/friends celebrating with pork dishes and you could win a trip to New York and a chance to be on her show. Check it out!