Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fried Chicken and the Fireside


I am very excited to tell you about a new contest that will begin next Monday, July 12th and run through Friday, July 16th right here on my blog page. Note the "Ring of Fire" logo on the right side of my page. Every day next week, you'll find a photo of Johnny Cash with part of a "phrase". Collect the phrases, unscramble the words in the correct order and submit your entry to www.win@wbev.com. Deadline is Monday, July 19th.

GOOD LUCK!

I will select one winner from all qualifying entries to win (2) tickets to see the Fireside's production of "Ring of Fire".








Today is "Fried Chicken Day"- with temperatures and humidity levels being what they are, you could almost fry chicken without an oven. IT IS HOT!



But fried chicken is oh so good! My grandma used to make the best oven fried chicken. She would always make up a huge batch for spring and summer family gatherings as well as for each of my siblings graduation parties. (I'll have to check with my Mom, to see if she still has the recipe).



Meanwhile, I did find a good oven baked fried chicken recipe that I shared today (see below). It's less messy than pan frying and features Italian seasoning for extra taste.


Oven Fried Chicken
12 chicken thighs
3 eggs
1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp. paprika
½ c. vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour in shallow plate or bowl & season with salt & pepper to taste. Place bread crumbs in another shallow plate or bowl & beat eggs in a third bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs, until all pieces are coated. Pour oil into 9x13” baking dish. Add chicken and sprinkle with paprika to taste. Bake for 30 minutes; turn chicken pieces and bake for another 30 minutes. Remove from oven; drain on paper towels.



No comments:

Post a Comment