- If you want to have leftovers, plan approximately 1 to 1 1/2 pounds per person.
- If you have a large number of guests coming, you might want to cook 2 smaller birds as opposed to one larger one. (Less cooking time)
If you're wondering how long you need to roast the turkey you can use this as a guideline:
- 12 pounds: 3-4 hours at 325
- 15 pounds: 4-4 1/2 hours at 325
- 18 pounds: 4 1/2-5 hours at 325
- 20 pounds: 5-6 hours at 325
And if you're wondering how much food to plan for when preparing your side dishes:
- 1 pound bag of carrots = 4-5 servings
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of cranberries = 2 1/4 c. sauce
- 1 (16 oz.) can of cranberry sauce = 6 servings
- 1/3 cup of gravy per person
- 1 1/2 pounds of green beans = 6-8 servings
- 1 (5 pound bag) potatoes (mashed) = 10-12 servings
If you want to visit a REALLY fun website check out http://www.northpole.com/
It has tons of holiday recipes, interactive games, crafts and activities for kids. It is awesome!