Sunday, November 14, 2010

In the "Book Nook" this week:

Monday, November 15th: Lesley M. M. Blume, "LET'S BRING BACK"-
a whimsical, beautifully illustrated encyclopedia of forgotten yet delightfully, useful, curious and otherwise commendable things from time gone by. As I read the book, I flagged many little bits and pieces that jogged a memory. For instance: poloroid cameras (I remember seeing the picture develop before my eyes and thinking it was MAGIC!), princess phones (I so badly wanted one as a teenager but received a "slim-line" instead), good Cracker Jack prizes (my favorites: the circus wagon cars), bandstands (we had a raised wooden platform, painted green in the city park where I grew up-we gathered there on warm summer evenings to hear local musicians. It was also the place where my sister and I would pretend we were girlfriends of the Beatles and we would haul park benches onto the stage to form our "apartments"). A fun read to resurrect memories and to spark conversation with other family members.

Wednesday, November 17th: Julie Klamm, "YOU HAD ME AT WOOF-How dogs taught me the secret of happiness".
A fun little book about the pets in our lives, what they can teach us.

Thursday, November 18th: Christine Lindner, this year's Alice in Dairyland will be in studio to talk about the "Something Special from Wisconsin" program-just in time for holiday gift giving...

Friday, November 19th: Debbie Macomber, "GOD'S GUEST LIST", a FANTASTIC read! Debbie makes you think about all the people God has placed in your life for various reasons...It will really give you reason to pause, take stock and look at your relationships in a new way...

No comments:

Post a Comment