Feeling gratitude and not expressing it, is like wrapping a present and not giving it."-William Arthur Ward
I spoke with Walter Green today in the "Book Nook" segment. Walter has writtten a very powerful book, "THIS IS THE MOMENT". He recorded his year long journey (victory lap as he calls it), contacting 44 individuals who impacted his life. The book is divided into three sections: how and why he chose to make this voyage, his life story and the final section gives the reader helpful hints and tips on how to arrange your own "journey". You don't have to contact 44 people. Just start with one. His website can get you started and in this season of "Thankfulness" ...why not give it a try.
His website is www.thisisthemoment.com
We also implemented a new feature on the show-"Morning Blend with Marsha". Marsha Egan is a business efficiency expert and she will be my guest every 3rd Monday to discuss topics that will help us all achieve our best personal, professional and organizational goals.
For more information on Marsha, check out her website: www.InboxDetox.com . Today, Marsha gave great tips on email.
- Avoid using reply all.
- Copy fewer people-copy only people in critical need of the info.
- Stop using BCC. Blind copies are secretive.
- Avoid one-word responses. You don't need to reply "Thank-you" or "Great" or "OK".
- Resist forwarding. You don't need to send it on to clutter up someone else's email box.
- Don't send email when angry or emotional.
- Pick up the phone. Sometimes messages need to be finalized with a quick phone call.
And if you are expecting holiday guests (for either Thanksgiving or Christmas), keep these tips in mind...
- Test drive the guest room. (Sleep in the bed. Is it comfy? Fix drafty windows, make sure the room is dark enough for sleeping). Get an alarm clock that works and have enough blankets
- Create space. Free up areas in the closet and dresser
- Jazz thins up. Add some magazines or books you think they might be interested in.
- Take inventory. Do you have enough towels, sheets, air mattresses, etc. Don't buy-borrow from a friend.
- Lay out entertainment. T.V. remote, board games, movies, etc.