Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day ~ Mom!


There is NO job more important than that of a mother. Mom needs to be a nurse, teacher, chauffeur, cook, comforter, guidance counselor, head entertainment committee member, housekeeper, and so much more. Often she takes on more than one role at any given time.
The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. Many times we are who we are, because of our mothers.

Six months before I turned five, my Mom was caring for me and four other siblings.
FIVE under FIVE!
When I was eight, I missed the last 3 months of school because I had rheumatic fever. My brother and sister were home because of a kidney infection. We all should have been in the hospital but my parents didn't have health insurance so Mom carried us to bathroom, recorded all "intake/output" measurements, our temperatures four times a day, brought our meals to us on trays; kept us entertained and never complained.

Mom let us build forts (with sheets and blankets) in living room on rainy days; gave us pot lids, pans, & kazoos to form a "band" and let us march around the neighborhood; never limited our imaginations; always believed in our dreams and loved each one of us unconditionally. She ignited a love for books and reading by sharing "chapter" books with us every night before bed-and as we got old enough, letting us read the stories to her as well.

My first memory dates back to when I was three or four. Mom and I were laying on my bed, gazing out the window and watching a gentle rain fall.

I have learned so much from my Mom. She has been a wonderful role model. Wise, witty, and WONDERFUL!

Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mother and to all mothers today and everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment