In today's Book Nook segment I welcomed back J.T. Ellison. We've talked with her in the past about her continuing series of detective novels featuring police lieutenant Taylor Jackson. Her lastest novel "SO CLOSE THE HAND OF DEATH", is a sequel to "FOURTEEN". Normally, I try to read every book I feature in my "Book Nook" segments. J.T's books are very realistic and my over-active imagination makes them TOO scary for me but I love talking to her about how she researches her novels, and why murder/mysteries are so popular. (I had a co-worker read the book for me and she is now a new follower and fan).
Today is National Peach Blossom Day-to celebrate you can make this easy drink.
Peach Blossom Fuzz
1 1/4 c. sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
1/2 medium firm banana
1 c. orange juice
1/2 c. crushed ice
1/2 c. fat-free plain yogurt
1 Tbsp. honey
1/8 tsp. rum extract or vanilla extract
In blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 15-20 seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
If you want know how to make perfect pasta:
- Boil in a large pot of water (4 quarts to every 1 pound of pasta).
- Salt (at least 1 Tbsp.) to add flavor.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Don't break it as the pasta will soften within about 30 seconds and fit into the pot.
- Stir as it starts to cook to prevent from sticking to the bottom of the pot and from other noodles
- Do a "taste test". Folow the package directions but taste before draining to be sure the texture is right.
- Drain well in a colander. If serving hot, add sauce right away. If using it in a cold salad, rinse pasta under cold water to stop the cooking process.