Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Children's Books and Coca-Cola

During the Book Nook segment today, we spoke with Kathryn Cloward, author of the new children's book, "KATHRYN THE GRAPE: JUST LIKE MAGIC". You will fall in love with Kathryn and her magical butterfly friend-Maggie. The book teaches that each of us has our own magic within and children will discover their own strength and fearlessness, learn about making new friends and learn the importance of helping others. The book is the first in the series and Kathryn's next book, "KATHRYN THE GRAPE: COLORFUL ADVENTURE", is due out in June. I encourage you to check out her website at http://www.kathrynthegrape.com/. After interviewing Kathryn, I thought about books that I read to my children. One of my all-time favorites, (and one that I like to give to new moms) is "I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER". I don't remember the author's name, but it is a fantastic book. The main phrase throughout the book, and one that I still say to my (now grown) children is this: "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as you're living, my baby you'll be!". Today is Love Your Children Day. No matter what their age(s) make sure you tell them. Although I no longer read this story to my kids, I just want them to know I'LL LOVE THEM FOREVER! Coca-Cola was invented 125 years ago today. A few bits of trivia for you:

  • Coca-Cola employes 139,600 people worldwide

  • The company has enjoyed 49 consecutive years with increased dividends

  • Their product is sold in over 200 countries

  • and is celebrating 125 years in business.

Dr. John Pemberton, a pharmacist in Atlanta, Georgia, produced the first syrup and carried a jug of the new product down the street to the Jacobs' Pharmacy where it was sampled and pronounced "excellent". The first glasses of syrup were mixed with carbonated water and sold for five cents!


So enjoy a coke (cherry coke for me!) today.

No comments:

Post a Comment