Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Happy New Year to you!

It's hard to believe another has come and gone.

Are you a person who believes in making New Year's resolutions? I like to write down one or two. Something that I can stick to and feel a sense of accomplishment when I reach my goal.

Marsha Egan-business coach, author and consultant (http://www.inboxdetox.com/) says that if you are going to make resolutions for the new year you need to do the following:

1. Write it down. Seeing it print will motivate you to keep going. Post it at your desk, on the refrigerator and/or the bathroom mirror.

2. Make it specific and make it measureable. Don't just say you want to lose weight. Set a specific goal (Say 10 pounds by March 1st or whatever your specifics might be).

3. Be accountable. Share your resolutions/goals with others. You'll be more apt to stay on track if others know about your goals.

4. Pick a goal that will have the most impact. If there are a number of resolutions that you would like to accomplish, begin with the item that will have the most impact.


One of my resolutions is to blog every day after the show. Monday through Friday. Last year, when I scheduled a specific time during the work day to blog, I managed to do it! So I am taking tip number 3 (see above) to heart.

I have posted my goal for all to see. And I'm sure you will all keep me accountable, if I do not stick to my resolution!!!


I read that most people stick to their New Year's resolutions for about 2 months. I plan to make mine work throughout 2011!


What about you?


One of my goals last year, was to read more books in 2010 than I did in 2009. I first started doing the Idea Exchange program in February 2009 and that first year I read 89 books and did 123 interviews.

In 2010, I read 108 books and did 183 interviews. I read so many wonderful books:

"The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin,**** "Saving Cee Cee Hunicutt" by Beth Hoffman, "Life's too short to fold Fitted Sheets" by Lisa Quinn****, "52 Loaves" by William Alexander (it will change the way you think about this wonderful food), "Heroes for my Son" by Brad Meltzer****, (a fantastic gift to someone who is a hero in your life!) "Messages", by Bonnie McEnnay (about survivors from 9-11 and how they have received messages from their deceased loved ones)***** and those were just some of the great ones that I read from January through June.

****denotes the fact that I feel this is a MUST READ kind of book!


I'll save the second half of the year for tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment