- A natural drug: smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin which all help make us feel good. People who are naturally happy seem to be in good health all of the time.
- A stress reducer: It's hard to be negative when you're smiling! When we smile our facial muscles relax, causing us to feel less stressed.
- You'll look less tired: When you smile, you'll look younger!
- More confidence: A smile will make you seem more successful, confident and put together. Those who are upbeat and approachable are more likely to be promoted before anyone else. A smiling person is judged to be more pleasant, attractive, sincere, sociable and competant than a non-smiling person
- A boost to your immune system: Because you are more relaxed when you smile, you help boost your immune system; thereby lessening your chances of getting sick. Smiling prevents colds and flu, too! So start smiling and cut down all those visits to the doctor.
- Lower Blood Pressure: When you smile, there is a measurable reduction in your blood pressure.
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight" ~Phyllis Diller
If you're going to be hosting a Halloween party for the young (or even the young at heart!) try these easy Trick or Treat Tips:
Keep decorations simple. You can make ghosts from tissue paper or Kleenex; paper chains with orange and black construction paper and you can purchase inexpensive decorations like spider webs, balloons and crepe paper at the Dollar Stores.
When carving pumpkins keep the seeds. Season and bake until crisp and golden.
Put a spooky spin on everyday foods. Punch becomes "Witches Brew", bowls of chili-"Creepy Cauldrons" and sweet snacks can be "Graveyard Goodies". Peel some seedless grapes and you've got "Monster Eyeballs"!